Navigate: Nashville’s Entrepreneur Ecosystem

Navigate: Nashville’s Entrepreneur Ecosystem

www.ec.co/podcast
Navigate, powered by the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, is a podcast dedicated to shining a light on Nashville’s entrepreneur ecosystem. EC team members and hosts Brynn Plummer and Clark Buckner interview entrepreneurs, business experts, investors, local government officials and organizations that support entrepreneurs across the city. Businesses aren’t grown in a vacuum, and neither are entrepreneurs. Nashville is unique – and there are a few special ingredients that make it a community that’s ripe with entrepreneurial success, including more than 250+ resources that exist for just one purpose – to work alongside entrepreneurs. Through this podcast, you’ll learn how successful Nashville entrepreneurs built their businesses, while meeting the people and places that support entrepreneurship throughout our city. Navigate is supported by the Mayor’s Office of Economic and Community Development and presented by the Ewing Marrion Kauffman Foundation.


Entrepreneurship for All: LIVE from Nashville Startup Shindig
Aug 15 • 56 min
Our ecosystem’s greatest resource is the people that call Nashville home, and minority chambers of commerce are among the front lines of making our city a more equitable place for those people to shine. Minority chambers advocate, represent and…
Learning from Pain: Marcus Whitney’s Steps on Turning Pain Into Success
Jul 13 • 32 min
Nashville entrepreneur Marcus Whitney shares how entrepreneurs can turn pain into success. “You’re not going to get to wins and success without failures and without losses, so the most important thing is stepping out on faith and courage and confidence…
Be Bold w/ Pathway Women’s Business Center
Jun 12 • 42 min
One of the resources we often refer people to is Pathway Women’s Business Center, which provides mentoring, education and other tools to help entrepreneurs across Tennessee, especially women and minority business owners.
Nashville’s Tech Community
May 23 • 32 min
From 2012 to 2018, the Nashville tech job market grew by 30 percent, outpacing the national tech job growth by 10 percent. On this LIVE Navigate podcast episode we highlight 4 perspectives on how this growth supports our ecosystem featuring…
Humanizing Healthcare
May 8 • 31 min
While the healthcare industry’s revenue is incredibly important to Nashville’s economy, people are at the heart of the equation. Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors share their reasons why Nashville is the nations healthcare capital.
Funding Early Stage Startups
Apr 18 • 33 min
Professional investors account for only 3% of all startup funding. The other 97% of capital often comes from non-professionals, including sources like angel investors, crowdfunding, bootstrapping and friends and family. Phil Shmerling and Monique…
Underestimated Founders and Scaling Tech
Apr 2 • 36 min
“Are Efforts For Diverse Founders Helping or Hurting?” Possip Founder and CEO Shani Dowell joins us in studio to share her experience growing revenue, raising money and scaling her tech startup in Nashville.
State of Small Business In Nashville
Mar 19 • 27 min
Business may be booming all over Nashville, making it one of the best places in the nation for both startups as well as global companies relocating their headquarters. But maneuvering this city’s ecosystem can be a challenge - especially for the…
LIVE with Mignon Francois
Mar 5 • 45 min
From $5 to $10,000,000
Mentoring: 5 Tips to Fostering the Right Mentor Relationship
Feb 19 • 33 min
5 Tips to Fostering the Right Mentor Relationship
Death by 1,000 Coffees
Feb 5 • 17 min
How To Navigate Nashville’s Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
Navigate: Coming soon
Jan 27 • 3 min
Think “NPR’s How I Built This” meets “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.”